Instead Of Taking Your Daughters To Work, Introduce Them To Technology
Although future jobs will continue to change, one thing is for sure: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) will be pervasive in everything we do.
Fast Company gives a few ideas on how to take your daughter to tech -
Learn about women in tech and science: WITI (Women in Technology International) is sponsoring a social media scavenger hunt for high school girls to learn about female role models. In this contest, girls can name their favorite role model, grab fun badges such as “I’m a WITI girl” (love the pun), and create Pinterest boards with their favorite women in tech and science. Winners will get free tickets to meet inspirational women in tech and science at the annual WITI Hall of Fame Ceremony in June and other prizes.
Visit a tech or science museum: If you’re in the Bay area, the Exploratorium in San Francisco just re-opened on Pier 15 with 150 new exhibits.
Join the Worldwide #WITI Wave celebration: Let’s show our kids that women work in tech and science careers around the world by posting your video to the WITI Wavepage or tweeting your support for women in tech at #WITIWave.
Read about important women in STEM careers at the 2013 Women’s History Month website. STEM is the focus in 2013.
Sign your kids up for a technology or science summer camp such as iD Tech Campsheld at many U.S. universities.
Set aside time to help them participate in science events such as Google’s Science Fair.
Let’s share technology and science careers with our daughters and sons and let them experience the possibilities before it’s too late.
Read the full article here.
- natr99 likes this
- randomfigures reblogged this from learntocodewithme
- randomfigures likes this
- simplyahuman likes this
- knarsisus reblogged this from learntocodewithme
- wiitns likes this
- inundationsof likes this
- thephantomofthesymphony likes this
- fearless60 likes this
- edna-mode-and-guest reblogged this from wombatflat
- wombatflat reblogged this from learntocodewithme
- asprinkleoffieryunicorns likes this
- siempremia reblogged this from learntocodewithme
- siempremia likes this
- cost21002 likes this
- seymourbuhts reblogged this from learntocodewithme
- seymourbuhts likes this
- horizontaltranslations likes this
- sophieadamworld likes this
- kaieren reblogged this from learntocodewithme
- gabe240 likes this
- warriorwordsmith likes this
- lazytechsupport likes this
- vanka9lives reblogged this from learntocodewithme
- gordita-linda likes this
- blackfso likes this
- linaflores87 likes this
- meghanpower likes this
- krazybomb reblogged this from learntocodewithme
- learntocodewithme reblogged this from fastcompany
- learntocodewithme likes this
- sglam likes this
- ncwit reblogged this from ungroundedthinking
- blackcalendula likes this
- ungroundedthinking reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- shestarteditseries reblogged this from fastcompany
- johnshadows111 likes this
- tomjameson35 likes this
- donhuy likes this
- dcicorp likes this
- daddyrockstar likes this
- cutie-uti likes this
- ucla-leadershape reblogged this from fastcompany
- cramsies likes this
- rigoamavizca likes this
- cyenn reblogged this from wired
- cyenn likes this
- emptyknight reblogged this from wired
- verbal-t likes this
- lizmaliga likes this